Petari Privacy Notice
Last Updated/Effective Date: January 25, 2023
Animal Care Innovations, Ltd. d/b/a Petari (“Petari,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) respects your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes the processing of Personal Information (defined below) that is provided, collected, or shared on the sites, applications, social media pages, or other platforms that link to this Privacy Notice (collectively, the “Site”). It also describes your choices about the collection, disclosure, and use of your Personal Information. We may modify this Privacy Notice at any time. All changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the Site. Material changes will be conspicuously posted on the Site or otherwise communicated to you.
1. Personal Information We Collect
We may collect a range of Personal Information. “Personal Information” means information that uniquely identifies, relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to you.
The types of Personal Information we collect may include:
- Contact Information – If you submit an inquiry, register for an account, or provide information on our Site, we may collect your contact information. This may include your name, email address, mailing address, demographic information, and phone number.
- Pet Information - We will collect details about your pet, such as your pet’s name, species, breed, sex, birthday (or approximate birthday), and treatment, medical, or health Information. Note that due to regulations regarding the veterinary-client-patient relationship (VCPR), while we may collect information upfront, we may not use this information for medical purposes until and unless VCPR is established.
- Financial Information – If you make any purchases through our Site, we will collect your financial information, including your name, billing address, and payment information.
- Location Data – While navigating our Site, your mobile device or browser may share your location data, both through WiFi and GPS. We will collect this information based on the settings of your phone and browser.
- Usage Information – When you use our Site, our servers may automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (IP Address), browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Site), domain names associated with your internet service provider, information on your interaction with the Site, and other such information.
- Employment Information – If you apply for employment through our website, we will collect your employment and work history, as well as other Personal Information related to your potential employment. This may include your education and employment history, address and contact information, demographic information, and any other information included in your resume or application.
- Communication Information – We may collect audio, electronic, or visual information, which includes screen sharing views; any data in any files uploaded, emailed or otherwise provided by customers; the contents of your communications with us, whether via e-mail, chat functionality, social media, telephone or otherwise, and inferences we may make from other Personal Information we collect. Where permitted by applicable law, we may collect and maintain records of calls and chats with our agents, representatives, or employees via message, chat, post, or similar functionality.
2. How We Collect Your Personal Information
- We May Collect Your Personal Information Directly From You – For example, if you register for an account on the Site, or request or purchase products, services, or information from us.
- We May Also Collect Personal Information From Third Parties – For example, we may work with business partners, subcontractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers, who may provide us with Personal Information about you.
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Site may not be available, or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
To change your preferences with respect to certain online ads or to obtain more information about ad networks and online behavioral advertising, visit National Advertising Initiative Consumer opt-out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Program. Changing your settings with individual browsers or ad networks will not necessarily carry over to other browsers or ad networks. As a result, depending on the opt-outs you request, you may still see our ads. Opting-out of targeted advertising does not opt you out of all ads, just those targeted to you.
- Through Analytics – We use analytics services, such as Amplitude, to assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies. To learn more about how Amplitude uses data, visit Amplitude’s Privacy Notice.
3. How We Use Personal Information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may use Personal Information to:
- operate the Site and provide support to our business functions;
- determine whether we are able to provide our services to you;
- fulfill customer requests, such as to create an account or complete customer purchases;
- protect against criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- send you information about our company, products, services, and promotions;
- respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback provided to us;
- support and personalize the Site and our advertising efforts;
- protect the security and integrity of the Site;
- provide customer support;
- the extent required for benchmarking, data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Site, facilitating product, software and applications development, improving the Site or our services, conducting research, analysis, studies or surveys, identifying usage trends, as well as for other analytics purposes;
- meet our contractual requirements;
- comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements and our policies;
- respond to inquiries related to employment opportunities;
- market, advertise, and provide the Site and our services; and
- the extent necessary for any other lawful purpose for which the Personal Information is collected.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- For Legal Obligation or Safety Reasons – When we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of Personal Information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy or comply with any requirement of law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce or investigate a potential violation of the Terms of Service, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise respond to fraud, security or technical concerns, (d) support auditing and compliance functions, or (e) protect the rights, property, or safety of Petari, its users, or the public against harm.
- In the Case of a Merger or Sale – If and when we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of transfer or sale of some or all of its business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding. Personal Information may be transferred along with the business. Where legally required we will give you prior notice and if you have a legal right to do so, an opportunity to object to this transfer.
- To Service providers – When we hire a service provider to help operate the Site or our business, we may give access to Personal Information as necessary to perform the service for Petari. This may include service providers that operate our Site, send our communications, or run our promotions.
- To Business Partners – We may share Personal Information with our trusted business partners. For example, we may share your Personal Information with a company when we co-sponsor a promotion or service. These partners and affiliates may use your Personal Information to, among other things, send you information or contact you about their services and products.
5. How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information
We will retain and use your Personal Information for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you services, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6. How We Protect Your Personal Information
We use our commercially reasonable efforts to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information we process. However, despite these efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information.
7. Your Choices and Controls
Depending on where you live, you may have the right to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information. If you believe you may the right to exercise certain controls and choices, please submit a request to email@example.com. Please note that we may need to verify your identity before considering a request and that we may deny certain requests, or only fulfill some in part, as permitted or required by law.
To opt-out of marketing communications please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the instructions included in the email or text correspondence. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain correspondence, we may still need to contact you with important transactional or administrative information, as permitted by law. Additionally, if you withdraw your consent or object to processing, or if you choose not to provide certain Personal Information, we may be unable to provide some or all of our services to you.
8. International Use of the Site
This Site is hosted in the United States. If you are visiting this Site from outside of the United States, please note that by providing your Personal Information it is being transferred to, stored, collected, or processed in the United States, where our data center and servers are located and operated.
9. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will promptly take steps to delete that information. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has given us their Personal Information, you can email us at email@example.com or contact us using the information listed in Section 12.
10. Links to Third-Party Websites
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from the Site, including the information or content contained within them. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing Personal Information to third parties, since any Personal Information disclosed will be subject to the applicable third party’s Privacy Notice.
11. Changes to this Privacy Notice
Please note that we may modify or update this Privacy Notice from time to time, so please review it periodically. We may provide you with an updated Privacy Notice if material changes are made. Unless otherwise indicated, any changes to this Privacy Notice will apply immediately upon posting to the Site.
12. Contact Us
If you have any questions about our practices or this Privacy Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to us at: One Broadway, 14th floor, Cambridge MA 02142